How Do You Find the Time?

"How do you find the time?"

I get asked that question a lot and I really don't know the answer. I know that I just do the thing that I get enjoyment from and the things that need to be done.

A single parent, a working professional, someone who loves to read, knit, craft and create, someone who is working really hard to create a good life for herself and her kids. I know I'm not the only one out there, and I enjoy reading the blogs of others, so I thought, "well, why not?" So here we go!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vacation

So looking here, I see that I have not posted since April. In reflecting, I can see that I was somewhat busy but also in a bit of a funk.

We have just returned from 10 days of blissful vacation. It was so nice to be somewhere where I didn't have to worry about work or what was going to happen that day. We played in the lake, played in the river and fished. I saw some good friends, laughed a lot and played a lot and spent some great time with my parents!

I knitted, I spun, I cooked and I napped.

And today, we drove home. We spent about an hour parked on the top of Wolf Creek Pass, waiting for the car to cool down.

And now, we are home. While I could have spent a few more days on vacation, I am thinking of sleeping in my own bed with great joy.

And the great thing? Me, the person who has never been able to get an orchid to bloom.... walked into the bathroom and found that one of the orchids I put in the bathtub before leaving has now put out a beautiful bloom.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment