Tonight I made this!
Oh my gosh, it was wonderful and the recipe can be found here! Only Jacob and I were home, so there are leftovers, which may change my plans for later on this week. Here's tonight's recipe as I did it and my plans for the rest of the week:
5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp dried dill weed
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
Season the chicken breasts with the above mixture. I put the seasonings all in a small bowl and sprinkled them over the chicken breasts.
Heat a skillet and add olive oil and butter. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken breasts and sear both sides. I added a lid to the pan and let it cook a while on the stove and because I had to cook it in two batches, I put the first chicken breasts in the oven and cooked them with our asparagus that was roasting.
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup half and half (I used fat free half and half)
3 Tbsp capers, drained
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
additional half and half
Once finished, remove the chicken breasts from the pan and deglaze the pan with the wine. Add the half and half and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. After about 2 minutes, add the capers. The original recipe said it would be done at this point, but I found that I had to make a roux and thicken the sauce. I used the butter and flour to make a roux and added it to the sauce. I found it needed about 1/2 cup more of half and half.
We served this with roasted asparagus. It was delicious!
For the rest of the week, here is our plan!
- Monday: Spinach tortilla bake from here! I've already cooked the chicken and chose this to use up ingredients that were in the refrigerator. And yes, that is from a quilting blog!
- Tuesday: Leftovers - Gym Night
- Wednesday: Sausage with Peppers and tortellini - pesto pasta - my recipe
- Thursday: Leftovers - Gym Night
- Friday: Roast in Crockpot with potatoes and carrots
- For the weekend, this salad.