How Do You Find the Time?

"How do you find the time?"

I get asked that question a lot and I really don't know the answer. I know that I just do the thing that I get enjoyment from and the things that need to be done.

A single parent, a working professional, someone who loves to read, knit, craft and create, someone who is working really hard to create a good life for herself and her kids. I know I'm not the only one out there, and I enjoy reading the blogs of others, so I thought, "well, why not?" So here we go!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Finished!




Over spring break, I bought some beautiful Alpaca Fiber at Serendipidity Yarn in Buena Vista. It was one of the first that I spun to a finished fiber and I just finished a really great shawl. I'm calling it my "Lichen Shawl" because of the beautiful colors in it. I had knit it fairly quickly then had misjudged when to start the ruffle and had to unravel it a number of time. In early May, I got sick of it and put it away. Last night I was contemplating starting another project and decided that I needed to finish it, so I did. I still mis-judged slightly, but I was able to un-ply and use a single ply to finish the bind off. It's blocking now, but I'm pretty proud of it and pleased with how it looks. So here is the progress:

This - raw fiber







This - finished yarn






This - blocking on the bed




And finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment