How Do You Find the Time?

"How do you find the time?"

I get asked that question a lot and I really don't know the answer. I know that I just do the thing that I get enjoyment from and the things that need to be done.

A single parent, a working professional, someone who loves to read, knit, craft and create, someone who is working really hard to create a good life for herself and her kids. I know I'm not the only one out there, and I enjoy reading the blogs of others, so I thought, "well, why not?" So here we go!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Break

Ahhh - Spring break was last week.    Usually in Colorado, spring break means snow and cold weather.   This year however, it was a different story.    Monday was a terrible windy dusty and awful day - warm, but too nasty to be outside.   The rest of the week however, was heavenly.     We've been running around in summer clothes, I got a pedicure and was sporting my new Sketcher's sandals.   

Alas, all good things must come to an end, and so goes spring break and so goes this weather.    We are going from 75 degree weather today to snow tomorrow!   Yikes!    I'm not looking forward to that but we really do need the moisture.

I didn't do too much meal planning last week.    My parents were here for the kids play, "Our Town" which ran March 22, 23 and 24.    It was a great show and it was really fun to see both of my kids on stage!   

One thing I learned from not meal planning during the break is that I do need to plan meals when I'm not working.    It wasn't a difficult week, but I went to the store more often and spent more money than I have been spending on food.    So, once school is over, I'll still be focusing on planning meals.  

Tonight I tried a new recipe.    It sounded wonderful, smelled good, and looked delicious, but it definitely needed some work.    The recipe is called "No Butter Chicken"    It called for Garam Masala, which I couldn't find in the store, so I made some.   I think that perhaps it was stronger than it would have been if I had purchased it and that I used too much spice.     I doctored it up with some coconut milk, and we are having it for dinner tomorrow.    Problem solved!   I did take some great pictures though, and the chicken was quite good, the sauce was just too spicy. 

 Onions, ginger, garam masala, tumeric
 Added chicken breast
Greek Yogurt
 No Butter Chicken - cooking down
 Homemade Garam Masala
 

Here is the plan for the rest of the week:


Sunday: No  Butter Chicken from here
Monday:    Salvaged No Butter Chicken, Rice, Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
Tuesday:  Crock Pot Chiptole Burritos from here.
Make Stuffed Zucchini and use leftover Rice – 6 p.m. swim class
Wednesday:    Leftovers   (kickboxing class)  6:30 p.m.
Thursday:  Stuffed Zucchini and peppers from here.(add Italian Sausage)   Boxing class 6:30pm
Friday: Leftovers

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Lois, you might try Penzey's spices for the garam marsala. They have everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good idea! The problem was that I was up here and really didn't want to go back to COS again. I'll have to check there though. Sunflower market might have it too.

      Delete