How Do You Find the Time?

"How do you find the time?"

I get asked that question a lot and I really don't know the answer. I know that I just do the thing that I get enjoyment from and the things that need to be done.

A single parent, a working professional, someone who loves to read, knit, craft and create, someone who is working really hard to create a good life for herself and her kids. I know I'm not the only one out there, and I enjoy reading the blogs of others, so I thought, "well, why not?" So here we go!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday!

Yes, it's Friday! Why do the short weeks seem so long? Tonight we are having veggie soup with rotisserie chicken, but I wanted to share our dinner last night. This is the second time we have made this pizza. The interesting thing about it is that the crust is made with riced cauliflower. I don't think that I will ever make "real" pizza crust again. This is so good, so easy and the teenagers love it! I didn't take photos last night but these are from our first run-through!

When I make this crust, I use a fresh cauliflower, chop it into smaller pieces and then "rice" it in the food processor. I do not pre-cook it at all, and just mix the egg and cheese with the cauliflower. The consistency has been somewhat wet each time. The cauliflower I use measures out to about 4 cups once it's riced, then I added 3 eggs and 3 cups low fat mozzarella cheese. Out of that mix, we make 3 pizzas. With 2 oz of chicken sausage, 4 tbsp of pesto and 1.5 oz of shredded mozzarella to top it, each pizza comes out to about 20 WW points-plus. Half for dinner and half for lunch the next day is a pretty good deal.



Definitely a keeper! Tonight I'll be making some chocolate chip oatmeal cookies for the kiddo to take on a school trip tomorrow! TGIF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment