How Do You Find the Time?

"How do you find the time?"

I get asked that question a lot and I really don't know the answer. I know that I just do the thing that I get enjoyment from and the things that need to be done.

A single parent, a working professional, someone who loves to read, knit, craft and create, someone who is working really hard to create a good life for herself and her kids. I know I'm not the only one out there, and I enjoy reading the blogs of others, so I thought, "well, why not?" So here we go!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturdays are Great!

Weekends are always good, even when you have to deliver a child to get on a bus at 5:45 a.m. At least I got to go back home and have coffee and relax.

This morning was our Weight Watchers meeting. I was down 1.8 pounds, which I was very happy with! The focus this week was on filling foods and trying to focus on filling foods. Maybe that was last week's challenge, but we talked a lot about it today. I liked what people had to say about really focusing on those filling foods in order to not be dealing with cravings, etc.

I was able to come home, and I took a really long nap! I guess I needed the sleep. It was a great day to snuggle under a warm comforter and snooze some time away! I tried to read, and I've got a couple of library books that I'm about to take back. One is a book of short stories. I've read two of them and they just aren't catching my interest. I'm still working into the other book to see if I get interested.

My neighbor and her husband are both going to Weight Watchers as well. We have been sharing some of the things that we cook. Thursday night she brought me some skillet lasagne that she had cooked out of a Weight Watchers cookbook - One Dish Meals, I think. It was yummy and I had all the ingredients, so that is what I made tonight. It's simmering on the stove right now, and smells good. Here's the recipe, which I tweaked. I don't think I ever follow a recipe exactly!

Skillet Lasagne - 10 servings, 6 WW Points Plus per serving

1.25 pounds ground turkey (93% lean)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups low-fat cottage cheese, pureed in food processor (in place of ricotta cheese)
2 14.5 oz cans of tomatoes - undrained
1 chopped bell pepper (recipe called for bottled roasted red peppers, which I had, but when I took them out of the refrigerator, they were not edible)
3 Tbsp pesto (I had homemade)
6 uncooked whole wheat lasagne noodles
1 Cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

1. Cook turkey, onion and garlic in large skillet until browned. Add vinegar, seasoning, tomatoes, bell peppers and pesto. Bring to boil. Remove skillet from heat, transfer all meat to large bowl.
2. Using slotted spoon, put a little less than half the meat mixture back into the skilled. Layer cottage cheese on top of meat mixture.
3. Break lasagne noodles into pieces and layer pieces on top of cottage cheese.
4. Spoon remaining meat on top of noodles, being sure to cover all noodles. Be sure that all liquid is returned to skillet.
5. Return to heat and bring to boil; turn heat down, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes until noodles are soft and water has evaporated.
6. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and let stand for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment