How Do You Find the Time?

"How do you find the time?"

I get asked that question a lot and I really don't know the answer. I know that I just do the thing that I get enjoyment from and the things that need to be done.

A single parent, a working professional, someone who loves to read, knit, craft and create, someone who is working really hard to create a good life for herself and her kids. I know I'm not the only one out there, and I enjoy reading the blogs of others, so I thought, "well, why not?" So here we go!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Meal Planning Feb 19 - 26

So what's on tap for this week?

I've done a lot of cooking today, which always helps later on in the week.

I've got a chicken in the crockpot that I skinned before cooking.    I'll make something with that or we will eat it for dinner with salad one night this week.    I'm making the sausage soup from last week tonight as I did not get it made.     We also have a lot of overlefts in the refrigerator:

chili, chicken caccitore (going into the freezer), a bit of Mexican Lasagne - (which was wonderful!), and of course we will have some of the sausage soup left too.

Monday - Crockpot Sausage Soup from here - hit the gym this morning
Tuesday -  Leftovers - chili, soup, salad - Parent meeting for theater production and college night meeting
Wednesday - Roasted chicken, steamed veggies  Grocery Store Tour - Wednesday at 7 p.m. at KS - Union and Briargate
Thursday - Gym night - aqua zumba maybe - Eggs and turkey bacon
Friday -     History Day competition at CC - Leftovers
Saturday - not sure, but will have all day to think about it.

So for a long time, I have been buying ground turkey as opposed to ground beef.   However, last time I was at Sunflower Market, I bought some of their ground beef.   When I cooked it for the Mexican Casserole this weekend, I could barely stand the smell of it.    I think that I will only be buying ground turkey and chicken from here on out.    I can only tell a difference if it's in a burger.   If it's in tacos or a casserole, I can't tell the difference, and I don't think that the boys can either.

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment