How Do You Find the Time?

"How do you find the time?"

I get asked that question a lot and I really don't know the answer. I know that I just do the thing that I get enjoyment from and the things that need to be done.

A single parent, a working professional, someone who loves to read, knit, craft and create, someone who is working really hard to create a good life for herself and her kids. I know I'm not the only one out there, and I enjoy reading the blogs of others, so I thought, "well, why not?" So here we go!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mini Blueberry-Apple Crisps

So I was chatting with my friend on Facebook this morning and she mentioned a recipe for flour-free blueberry muffins after I said that I was going to have oatmeal for breakfast because that's what I always have.   So I was intrigued and decided to try an experiment.    While they didn't come out like muffins, they were like little blueberry-apple crisps.    I made 18.   I ate two.   There are none left.    I believe that counts as a success!

So, here is what I did:


Ingredients:
2 Gala Apples, cored and chopped
1 cup of fresh blueberries
1/4 cup sugar
sprinkle of cinnamon
sprinkle of allspice
1 Tbsp lemon juice

Mix the above ingredients together and spoon into lined and sprayed (with pan spray) muffin tins.

Topping:
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 Egg
1/2 cup melted butter (I think that's why this was so good, but really, it's less than 2 tbsp of butter per "mini crisp")
1/2 cup sugar
sprinkle cinnamon
sprinkle allspice

Mix the above ingredients together and spoon over the top of the fruit and cook in 375 degree oven for between 20 and 30 minutes.   

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment