How Do You Find the Time?

"How do you find the time?"

I get asked that question a lot and I really don't know the answer. I know that I just do the thing that I get enjoyment from and the things that need to be done.

A single parent, a working professional, someone who loves to read, knit, craft and create, someone who is working really hard to create a good life for herself and her kids. I know I'm not the only one out there, and I enjoy reading the blogs of others, so I thought, "well, why not?" So here we go!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lasagne!

I don't make lasagne very often, but we had some extra chicken sausage and I had all of the ingredients in the house.

This works out to 3 points per serving - I calculated 27 servings in the two pans I made, 15 pieces in the larger pan, 12 pieces in the smaller pan.

1 pound chicken sausage - I added caraway seeds to the chicken
1 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 bell peppers, chopped
Any other veggies you like - I added shredded zucchini and yellow squash
1 - 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
oregano to taste
basil to taste
4 cans of diced tomatoes
3 cups mozzarella cheese
2 cups cottage cheese
2 eggs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
14 oz of lasagne noodles - I used mostly whole wheat

Chop the onion and saute in pan with garlic and bell peppers. Add sausage to pan and cook until browned and cooked through. Add seasonings and simmer until sauce thickens.

In a separate bowl mix the cottage cheese, eggs and Parmesan cheese.

When sauce is cooked, layer the sauce, noodles, cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese in pan. It is not necessary to precook the noodles as they will cook as the lasagne cooks. You can either refrigerate at this point or you can cook it at this point in a 400 degree oven for 45 - 60 minutes.

This was really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment