How Do You Find the Time?

"How do you find the time?"

I get asked that question a lot and I really don't know the answer. I know that I just do the thing that I get enjoyment from and the things that need to be done.

A single parent, a working professional, someone who loves to read, knit, craft and create, someone who is working really hard to create a good life for herself and her kids. I know I'm not the only one out there, and I enjoy reading the blogs of others, so I thought, "well, why not?" So here we go!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Thai Peanut Chicken

I love Thai food and I love recipes that are fast and easy. This is one that we tried a week or so ago. It was simple, easy and enjoyed by all!


Thai Honey Peanut Chicken WW points plus - add 1 point to each serving of chicken for the sauce

  • 1 pound Chicken, In Chunks
  • ¼ cups Soy Sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons Honey
  • 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
  • 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic (approximately 1 Large Clove)
  • 1 Tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter (heaping Tablespoon Even Better)
  • ½ teaspoons Curry Powder
  • 1 teaspoon Sriracha (optional)


Mix ingredients and marinate chicken for 2-3 hours.

Cook chicken in the sauce over medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes or until chicken is done. Reduce heat to medium-low and add precooked veggies if desired. Serve topped with sesame seeds.

To thicken sauce if needed: reduce heat to medium-low and add a cornstarch slurry (1 teaspoon cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water).

Substitutions: replace chicken with tofu; replace peanut butter with tahini or another nut butter; if using regular peanut butter (i.e. Skippy) instead of natural peanut butter, reduce honey by 1 tablespoon.

I added green peppers, green onions, bean sprouts and some leftover veggies that were in the refrigerator. It was delicious and we made it last week with shrimp and fish and Tofu Shirataki "Noodles" which have 20 calories and 3 grams of carbs per serving. Even the kids liked it!


No comments:

Post a Comment