How Do You Find the Time?

"How do you find the time?"

I get asked that question a lot and I really don't know the answer. I know that I just do the thing that I get enjoyment from and the things that need to be done.

A single parent, a working professional, someone who loves to read, knit, craft and create, someone who is working really hard to create a good life for herself and her kids. I know I'm not the only one out there, and I enjoy reading the blogs of others, so I thought, "well, why not?" So here we go!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Busy Weekend

Wow, busy weekend.   Lots of work stuff to do.   Because of a snow day, we only had two days of school with kids this past week, and I spent both of those days in meetings ALL day.    I had a lot of catching up to do.    Next week is a really crazy week for us too.    Monday night is the ONLY night where we don't have something going on.

We only made it to the gym on Monday last week.    Yesterday we took a walk and today we worked out hard at the gym.   Tomorrow the plan is to head there again and then we will go sometime on Friday.    I really miss the time when we don't or can't go.   I'm sitting at 16 pounds lost since January 1.   I'm feeling pretty good about that!

Monday - Gym (gotta get that workout in)
Tuesday - Accountability meeting (work-related) and Choir concert - 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Wednesday - Conference night (at work until at least 8 p.m.) and band concert
Thursday - Conference night
Friday  - comp day (but I know I will be busy crazy)

So here are our meals for this week.

Sunday - Migas - from a new cookbook I purchased, Pioneer Woman Cooks (Ok, I know I need another cookbook like I need a hole in the head, but this was from Books are Fun and highly discounted and pretty awesome!
Monday - Cowboy Calzones  - also from Pioneer Woman Cooks.   I'm in the process of making these tonight and cheating a little with store-bought pizza crust
Tuesday - I'm actually going to order a pizza!
Wednesday - YOYO - Your On Your Own
Thursday - YOYO - Your On Your Own
Friday - Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu from here.
Saturday - Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken from here

No comments:

Post a Comment