How Do You Find the Time?

"How do you find the time?"

I get asked that question a lot and I really don't know the answer. I know that I just do the thing that I get enjoyment from and the things that need to be done.

A single parent, a working professional, someone who loves to read, knit, craft and create, someone who is working really hard to create a good life for herself and her kids. I know I'm not the only one out there, and I enjoy reading the blogs of others, so I thought, "well, why not?" So here we go!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Easy Chicken Curry

So last week I created a plan for the whole week.    I found it very helpful and for the most part, we followed it.    One of the recipes that I tried was this one:


from:  http://weelicious.com/2011/11/07/easy-chicken-curry/


Easy Chicken Curry


Easy Chicken Curry (Serves 4)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Small Onion, diced
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and cubed into 1 inch pieces
1 lb Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless and cubed
2 Tsp Curry Powder
1 1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
2 Medium Carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
1 Large Russet Potato, peeled and cubed into 1 inch pieces
1-14 oz Can Light Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Frozen Peas

Accompaniments: white or brown rice
1. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat and sauté the onions for 4 minutes. Add the minced garlic and bell peppers, sauté an additional minute.
2. Add the cubed chicken, sauté for 2 minutes, stir in the curry powder, salt, tomato paste, carrots and potatoes until they are all coated.
3. Pour in the coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove lid, add the frozen peas and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
5. Serve over rice.

My notes:    I pretty much followed this recipe as written except that I substituted edamame for the peas, I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs, I added twice as much curry powder and I added about a tablespoon of siracha because I believe that curry should have a kick to it.  



There were four of us eating dinner and we had probably enough for two more servings left.    I'd had rice in the freezer, so I took it out to thaw with the chicken and then reheated it in the microwave.  We had a delicious salad with this too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment